When you are traveling into town, here are our top eight recommendations for things to do in Indianapolis, Indiana. Indianapolis, also known as Indy, is a vibrant city that offers a mix of sports, history, culture, and delicious food. Here are our top picks:
- Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway – The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is home to the famous Indy 500 race and is a must-visit for any racing fan. You can take a tour of the track, visit the museum, and even drive a race car yourself.
- Explore the Indianapolis Museum of Art – The Indianapolis Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the US and features a wide range of collections, including African, Asian, and European art. The museum also has beautiful gardens and outdoor sculptures that are perfect for a relaxing stroll.
- Check out the Indiana State Museum – The Indiana State Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Indiana. The museum features exhibits on everything from dinosaurs and fossils to the Civil War and Abraham Lincoln.
- Visit the White River State Park – The White River State Park is a beautiful park that offers a range of outdoor activities, including biking, walking, and paddle boating. The park is also home to several attractions, such as the Indianapolis Zoo and the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art.
- Enjoy some delicious food at the Indianapolis City Market – The Indianapolis City Market is a historic market that has been around since 1866. The market features a wide range of vendors selling everything from fresh produce to international cuisine.
- Walk around the Indianapolis Cultural Trail – The Indianapolis Cultural Trail is a 8-mile urban bike and pedestrian path that takes you through the heart of downtown Indy. The trail features beautiful public art and connects several of Indy’s neighborhoods and cultural districts.
- Catch a game at Lucas Oil Stadium – Indianapolis is a sports-loving city, and Lucas Oil Stadium is the home of the Indianapolis Colts. Whether you’re a fan of football or just want to experience the energy of a live sporting event, a game at Lucas Oil Stadium is a must-do.
- The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show. Yep, Indy has a location in the heart of downtown and of course we recommend it:) Part of America’s largest interactive dinner show family, here you will be served a four course meal, while trying to solve a hilarious and devious true crime with the help of your friends and family.
In conclusion, Indianapolis is a city that offers a diverse range of attractions and experiences. From the excitement of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to the beauty of the White River State Park, there’s something for everyone in Indy. I hope this list has given you some inspiration for your next trip to the Circle City!