Colorado Springs, Colorado, is a city known for its stunning natural beauty and rich history. From the towering peaks of Pikes Peak to the majestic Garden of the Gods, there is no shortage of sights to see in this city. However, there are also several unsolved mysteries in Colorado Springs that have puzzled residents and visitors for decades. In this blog post, we will explore five of these unsolved mysteries.
- The Murder of Nancy Mason: On November 18, 1978, Nancy Mason was found murdered in her Colorado Springs apartment. She had been strangled and left in a bathtub full of water. Despite a thorough investigation, the killer was never identified, and the case remains unsolved to this day.
- The Disappearance of Kara Nichols: Kara Nichols was a 19-year-old aspiring model who disappeared in 2012. She was last seen leaving her home in Colorado Springs, and her car was found abandoned on a remote mountain road. Despite extensive searches and investigations, her whereabouts remain unknown.
- The Strange Lights Over Cheyenne Mountain: For years, residents of Colorado Springs have reported seeing strange lights over Cheyenne Mountain. Some describe them as bright orbs, while others say they resemble UFOs. Despite numerous sightings, the source of these lights remains a mystery.
- The Phantom Hitchhiker of Gold Camp Road: Gold Camp Road is a popular scenic drive in Colorado Springs, but it is also home to a mysterious legend. According to local lore, a ghostly hitchhiker can sometimes be seen along the road. The hitchhiker is said to be a young woman who was killed in a car accident in the 1970s. Despite numerous reports of sightings, the identity of the hitchhiker remains unknown.
- The Disappearance of Beverly England: Beverly England was a 32-year-old mother of three who disappeared in 1980. She was last seen leaving her job at a Colorado Springs hospital, and her car was found abandoned in a parking lot. Despite extensive searches and investigations, no trace of Beverly has ever been found.
In conclusion, Colorado Springs is a city with a rich history and natural beauty, but it is also home to several unsolved mysteries. From the murder of Nancy Mason to the strange lights over Cheyenne Mountain, these mysteries continue to puzzle residents and visitors alike. While we may never know the answers to these mysteries, they remain a part of Colorado Springs’ unique character and history.